- Network engineers and technicians
- Support engineers
- Systems engineers
- Network analysts
- Senior network administrators
- Anyone involved in implementing, verifying, and troubleshooting routed and switched enterprise networks
In this course, you will learn and practice techniques to monitor and troubleshoot routed and switched networks through extensive hands-on lab exercises. Troubleshooting methods, approaches, procedures, and tools are explored. A series of different organizations are introduced for each a set of troubleshooting scenarios that are presented. You will attempt to solve as many of the troubleshooting tickets as you can; the debrief includes review information that will help you further understand the specific issues raised in the scenarios.
- Tools and Methodologies of Troubleshooting
- Describing Troubleshooting Methodologies
- Using Troubleshooting Procedures
- Following Recommended Practices During Routine Network Maintenance
- Using Basic IOS Troubleshooting Tools
- Using Specialized Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshooting at SECHNIK Networking Ltd.
- Debrief of the each of the three Troubleshooting at SECHNIK Networking Ltd. Labs
- Troubleshooting issues with trunks, NAT, interfaces, IPv6, network layer connectivity, error-disabled ports, DHCP, passive interfaces
- Troubleshooting at TINC Garbage Disposal Ltd.
- Debrief of the each of the four Troubleshooting at TINC Garbage Disposal Ltd. Labs
- Troubleshooting issues with BGP neighborship, port security, VLANs, native VLAN, OSPF adjacency, management access, HSRP, routing sources, VRRP, EtherChannel, GLBP, DHCP snooping
- Troubleshooting at PILE Forensic Accounting Ltd.
- Debrief of the each of the five Troubleshooting at PILE Forensic Accounting Ltd. Labs
- Troubleshooting issues with EIGRP adjacency, BGP filtering and route selection, NTP, inter-VLAN routing, DNS, remote device management, EIGRP named configuration, EIGRP stub, default routes, management plane security.
- Troubleshooting at Bank of POLONA Ltd.
- Debrief of the each of the four Troubleshooting at POLONA Ltd. Labs.
- Troubleshooting issues with redistribution, FHRP tracking, IP SLA, EIGRP summarization, basic RIPng, ACLs, GRE tunnels, OSPF summarization, AAA, OSPF for IPv6, OSPF stub areas.
- Troubleshooting at RADULKO Transport Ltd. (NOTE: this module is not done in class)
- Debrief of the each of the four Troubleshooting at RADULKO Transport Ltd. Labs.
- Troubleshooting issues with STP, PBR, CDP, LLDP, VTP, EIGRP for IPv6, MP-BGP, and OSPFv3 address families
- Troubleshooting methods, approaches, and procedures
- Recommended network maintenance practices
- Using basic and specialized troubleshooting tools
- A redundant Internet gateway or redundant ISP fails to provide backup connectivity
- OSPF, EIGRP and BGP issues, including redistribution
- HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP issues
- EtherChannel issues
- Other issues including NTP, DNS, default routes, IP SLAs, AAA, and GRE
- When headquarters or branch clients are unable to access internal devices or the Internet
- When you are unable to connect to a network device using SSH or Telnet
- When devices are unable to acquire a DHCP-provided address
Knowledge of and experience with the implementation and verification of enterprise routing and switching technologies that includes:
- Layer 2 switching including VLANs, VLAN ACLs, and switch security
- Link aggregation protocols
- Various types of STP
- Inter-VLAN routing solutions
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols: HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP
- Branch office operations
- EIGRP and OSPF routing protocols
- Layer 3 path control
- Internal and External BGP
- IPv4 and IPv6 networking
Taking ROUTE v2.0 and SWITCH v2.0 is highly recommended
- ROUTE - Implementing Cisco IP Routing v2.0
- SWITCH - Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks v2.0