send Course Introduction
This course is intended for IT professionals who are familiar with managing on-premises IT deployments that include AD DS, virtualization technologies, and applications. The students typically work for organizations that are planning to locate some or all of their infrastructure services on Azure. This course also is intended for IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
Who Should Attend
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure and administer services and virtual machines in Mircosoft Azure.
- IT professional who have used Microsoft System Centre to manage and orchestrate a Microsoft server infrastructure.
- Windows server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host websites and mobile app back-end service
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, who meet the cloud course prerequisites and are looking to cross-train on Microsoft Azure.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification Exam, 70-533, implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solution.
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
Completed the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012.
Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks (VHDs).
Understanding of network configuration, including: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
Understanding of websites, including: how to create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including: domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
Understanding of database concepts, including: tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe Azure architecture components, including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments.
Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
Deploy and configure web apps and mobile apps.
Implement, manage, backup, and monitor storage solutions.
Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
Create and manage Azure AD tenants, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
Automate operations in Azure management by using automation.
Introduction to Azure
- Cloud Technology Overview
- Azure Infrastructure Review
- Azure Portals
- Managing Azure Using Windows PowerShell
Implement and Manage Azure Networks
- Plan Virtual Networks
- Implement and Manage Azure Virtual Networks
- Configure Connections to Azure Virtual Networks
Implement Virtual Machines
- Introduction to IaaS Cloud Services
- Plan Virtual Machine Workloads
Author Azure Resource Manager Templates
- Manage Virtual Machines
- Configure Virtual Machines
- Manage and Configure Virtual Machine Disks
- Manage and Monitor Azure Virtual Machines
Implement Azure App Services
- Plan for App Deployment in App Service
- Deploy, Configure, and Monitor Web Apps
- Traffic Manager
Plan and Implement Storage, Backup, and Recovery Services
- Plan, Implement, and Manage Storage
- Implement Azure Content Delivery Networks
- Implementing Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery
Plan and Implement Azure SQL Database
- Deploy Azure SQL Database
- Monitor Azure SQL Database
- Manage Azure SQL Database Security and Azure SQL Database Business Continuity
Implement PaaS Cloud Services
- Plan and Deploy PaaS Cloud Services
- Configure Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Monitoring Cloud Services
Implement Azure Active Directory (AD)
- Create and Manage Azure AD Directories
- Configure Application Integration with Azure AD
- Overview of Azure AD Premium
Manage AD in the Hybrid Environment
- Extend On-Premises Active Directory Deployments into Azure
- Directory Synchronization
- Implement Federation
Implement Azure-Based Management and Automation
- Implement Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Automation Components
- PowerShell Workflows
- Managing Automation