Channel field engineers, Cisco network consulting engineers, new UC partners, customer network engineers, and Cisco customers and employees who are interested in the CUWN solution, have a strong data networking background, and are responsible for planning, deploying, and managing enterprise WLANs using lightweight access points and controllers.
- How the CUWN solution meets the challenges of successful WLAN deployments.
- Select and properly install the CUWN hardware appropriate to site and use requirements.
- Administer WLAN, 802.11 security policies, and QoS appropriately to protect and optimize performance on the wireless network.
- Configure and implement the key CUWN security features to mitigate WLAN security threats.
- Use a recommended troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate equipment failures and security threats.
Course Duration: 5 days
**CUWN - Cisco Unified Wireless Network v7.2 - **After a high-level overview of the CUWN, including function, components, capabilities, and features, you will learn to install the access point (AP), associated Wireless LAN Controllers (WLCs), and other CUWN hardware. You will look at ways to administer CUWN, 802.11 security policies, and QoS appropriately to protect and optimize performance on the wireless network. You will configure and implement key CUWN security features to mitigate WLAN security threats, and you will learn how to use troubleshooting methodology and tools to gather and assess system data to isolate equipment failures and security threats.
Cisco Wireless LAN Solutions
- Characterizing Cisco Enterprise Wireless LANs
- Hardware Models
- WLC Terms and Protocols
CUWN Installation and Configuration
- Installing Hardware Components
- Configuring the WLC Setup
- Configuring WLC Settings
- Configuring LAG
- Configuring IPv6
- AP Operational Modes
- Configuring 802.11 Protocols, Performance Optimization, and Auto RF
- Implementing Cisco CleanAir
- Associating an AP to a WLC
- Configuring Mobility Groups and Roaming
- Administering Individual WLANs and AP Groups
- Configuring QoS
- Service Provider Enhancements
- 802.11 Weak Security Policy
- Configuring Security Parameters
- Configuring CUWN to Support 802.1X Authentication
CUWN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting CUWN
- Gathering VLAN Traffic and Other Data
- Configuring Policies and Management
- Managing Configuration Data
- CCNA or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with Windows and Windows networking.
- IUWNE - Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials v2.0.